Help Leaving a Relationship

In an emergency situation, please call the police on 000.

You can call and speak with a specialist domestic and family violence counsellor 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling 1800Respect National Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Counselling Service on 1800 737 732. For counselling you can also call the Family Violence Counselling and Support Service (statewide) 1800 608 122.

People aged between 5 and 25 are also able to access counselling through Kids Helpline on 1800 551 800, 24 hours a day.

In an emergency call the police 000 or the Family Violence Response Referral Line 1800 633 937. Don’t hesitate to call if you are in danger.

For legal advice you can call Legal Aid Tasmania on 1300 366 611.

If you need emergency accommodation, services available throughout Tasmania are listed on the Legal Aid Tasmania website.